If you have a passion for serving others and would like to know how you can donate your time and abilities to help Early Bird Foundation in supporting our NICU families, there are several ways we can use you!
Volunteer opportunities that DO NOT REQUIRE NICU EXPERIENCE:
- Providing a meal for one of our monthly support groups held at Ronald McDonald House of the Bluegrass. Meal would need to be catered or cooked IN HOUSE at RMH for around 50-60 people! Great option for businesses, small groups, and clubs!
- Take a box of NICU Mom bottles and support group invitations to assemble a load of our “Fill Your Cup” self care initiative deliveries. GREAT project for small groups and bible studies!
- Attend our Craft Night held in Somerset, KY to create unique, handmade NICU bassinet name cards that will be delivered to local Lexington NICUs as a precious memento for families to keep. Our craft night is held in Somerset in order to provide an additional avenue of NICU family support to families in that region once they are discharged home as well as help spread community awareness of the emotional impact a NICU journey has on a family.
- Special Event Volunteers throughout the year for help with set up/break down of events as well as other duties depending on what the event entails.
- Do you have talents and abilities that you can volunteer to help with marketing or running of the business side of EBF? It takes all kinds to keep a non profit running smoothly. Let us know what abilities/services you can volunteer!
Volunteer opportunities that REQUIRE PRIOR NICU EXPERIENCE
- Become a member of our NICU Family Hospital Visit Team to provide one on one support to a family either on antepartum bed rest expecting a NICU stay or currently experiencing a NICU stay. Position is very flexible schedule wise. NICU Family Care Packages are delivered during one on one visits.
- Join us for a monthly NICU Family Support Group at the Ronald McDonald House and share your experience with others.
- Help spread community awareness by submitting your NICU experience story for one of our NICU Family of the Month blog posts.
We are ALWAYS looking for new and creative ways to serve our families. Please contact us with any ideas you may have or to let us know you desire to serve with EBF! We appreciate all our volunteers and could not make an impact in our community without you!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out our volunteer application for more detailed information on positions you would enjoy performing.